A quick internet search can reveal many work from home scams. They charge you upfront fees and lure you to work with them. But actually most of them are scam. However there are still some legit ways to make money from working at home. Some will just make you a few bucks a month, but others can become powerful moneymakers depending on the time you have to invest in them.
So, if you are looking to start making more money or if you want a new career path that lets you earn money from work at home, this list is especially for you.
- Start a Blog or a Blogging job
- Start Selling On Amazon
- Find an online Teaching or Tutoring job
- Become a virtual assistant
- Become a self publisher
- Become a Transcriptionist
- Take part in surveys
- Get a Data entry job
- Start Pet sitting or walking business
- Start your own at-home daycare
- Be an Affiliate Marketer
- Rent out part of your home through Airbnb
- Become a Uber or Lyft driver
- Start a Blog or a Blogging job
Blogging can allow you to take control of your finances and earn more money. It means you can work from home, travel whenever you want, have a flexible schedule, and more! To make money out of blogging you need to join affiliate networks like Google Adsense, ClickBank, Commission Junction, ShareaSale, etc. so you can access network of ads to show on your blog.
Do not expect to make money very quick. Getting enough traffic to a blog takes time. You need to provide valuable information and also optimize your blog content for google (SEO). WordPress is the most well-known blog building tool which is free and easy.To do blogging, you need a web/blog hosting network to host your blog. There are plenty of free blog/web hosting web sites available that let you host your blog with them and also have your own advertising.
Some of the best free blogging/web-hosting sites that let you have your own advertising and make money
- Google Blogger (www.Blogger.com)
There are also companies hiring people with blogging experience
2. Start Selling on Amazon
Amazon is the largest online retailer in the world, and you can list almost any product for sale on Amazon. In return for some fees that you pay to Amazon, your items can be displayed to millions of customers.
This is how you start:
- Open a free re-seller account with Amazon
- Do your research and find a product that you wish to sell .This is the single most important step.You have to find a product which
- It has a good demand and
- It has a good profit margin
- It is easy to pack and ship
- It has enough quality which brings down the return ratio
- List the product for sale on Amazon. and set your price. .
- Pack your items and ship them to Amazon fulfillment center location that Amazon assigns. You can pack many items together as long as they all go to the same center. Your are just responsible to get the items safely to Amazon’s warehouse. You don’t have to worry about packaging things up for the end customer.
Here are the steps that Amazon will take after receiving your items:
- Verify that you have sent the correct items in the proper condition.
- Amazon will activate your listings and your item will be available for sale.
- When a customer orders the item, an Amazon team member will ship the item to the customer.
- Once the item has shipped, Amazon will deposit your share of the sale into your seller account.
- Every 2 weeks you will receive a deposit to your bank account.
3. Find an online Teaching or Tutoring job
When it comes to freelancing, tutoring online is a great way to get started! Sometimes, starting a side hustle can seem hard because it can be hard to find the right skill/knowledge to apply. However, sometimes skills we take for granted like our ability to speak our native language or use some basic skills that are taught in high school can provide an opportunity to make money. If you’re looking to make money by teaching English or School Courses online, then look at the following tutoring websites
- Palfish : An online tutoring platform that pays native English teachers to tutor ESL students.
- SayABC : Opportunity to earn $28/40 minutes if you work in standby mode. Opportunity for raises.
- QKids : Fairly competitive hourly pay. Different lesson style might be up your alley.
- Cambly : You don’t need a degree to teach English. No monthly hassles, commitments, or penalties for not sticking to a schedule.One of the most flexible online tutoring platform.
- VIPKID : Rigorous screening process and strict scheduling system. Hourly pay is quite good.
- DaDaABC : Fairly quick acceptance process.Low weekly minimum requirement.
- GoGoKid : Great signup bonus opportunity. High hourly pay if you can keep your rating high enough.
- Chegg.com : One of the most popular tutoring platforms for connecting elementary/high school students with tutors.There is a healthy selection of subject matter/categories to tutor.
- Tutor.com : Some fairly specific courses/areas of subject matter are in demand. No weekly tutoring threshold or hourly requirements
- StudyPool : Bidding system allows you to remain competitive if you are desperate for work, but you can also cherry pick the more lucrative tutoring opportunities.This is a refreshing way to make money online by teaching student.
4. Become a virtual assistant
A virtual assistant is anyone who offers services to other business owners remotely in exchange for an agreed upon fee.Many people look at VAs as little more than executive assistants. But it’s more complicated than that! It’s true that in some circumstances we might be performing some of the traditional tasks associated with administrative work.
Here are the basic steps you’ll need to follow:
- Choose your business structure.
- Decide which services you’ll offer your clients.
- Decide on your pricing structure.
- Launch your website and create your online presence.
- Start pitching and networking.
- Build relationships.
Search for virtual assistant jobs near you
5.Become a Self Publisher
Nowadays, there is not much difference between “traditional publishing”
versus “self-publishing for successful book.” The difference is now between professional versus unprofessional publishing. With self publishing platforms like Amazon, what you just need is a wonderful selling subject and great content and the rest is on amazon to publish and get it to the hands of the readers.Major benefits of self publishing are speed and Ultimate control over book design and content. By the way, if you have some spare money at the start, you can hire online editors, designers or illustrator for a relatively low cost to boost the quality of your book. Online marketers can help you on advertising and publicizing your book.
These are the steps to start self publishing with Amazon’s help:
- Decide on what you are interested to write (which also people are willing to buy)
- Write your draft version
- Get feedback on your book from friends and family and improve your writing
- Choose a strong selling title for your book but make sure it also makes sense
- If you have some spare money then hire a good book editor
- Designing a Book Cover is very important. You can hire a designer online.
- Create Your Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing Account
- Upload your Book for self-publishing
- Set the Price
- Market your book through Facebook, Tweeter, Instagram or Paid advertising
- Wait for sales to happen
6. Become a Transcriptionist
Becoming a transcriptionist is a very straightforward way for people to make money from home. Transcription is basically listening to an audio file and typing out what you hear. It is usually much easier to get started doing general transcription than more specialized ones like medical transcription because the second one requires experience and/or transcription certification before most companies will hire you. When you get started in general transcription work, you’ll learn about different topics fast. This will also help you fulfill your desire to learn new things .
Transcription is a well-paying career with many opportunities. A transcriptionist’s salary is generally around $15, while an advanced transcriptionist earns around $25 to $30 per hour. With this rate, you can easily earn $1,500 every month if you work 2.5 hours per day for 24 days.
How to be become a transcriptionist:
- Take transcribing courses. You don’t need a full college degree to become a transcriptionist, but you do need some coursework
- Hone your general language skills. Transcribing requires that you have excellent general language skills.
- Make your workplace ready at home (Prepare your desk, Get a good set of headset, install a powerful word processing software with spellchecking,etc)
- Prepare your resume and apply for jobs
Search for Transcription jobs near you
7. Take part in online paid surveys
There are many market research companies recruiting new members from around the world. They rely on people like you sharing opinions and offer rewards in return.
It’s easy to earn cash for surveys. How much you get paid completely depends on how many paid surveys you attempt and complete. Each online survey has a different payout, with some offering as much as $50. Most will pay less, but also take less time. You can also make money by watching movie previews, playing video games, testing products and etc.
But be careful! Many so called paid survey companies are not very legit and may never pay out. We have collected the list of most well known paid survey companies with real people reviews in our website. you can access the free list of paid survey companies in our website.
8.Get a Data Entry Job or Freelance work
One of the most well-known work-from-home jobs is data entry. If you are an skilled typist with good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and are looking for a way to supplement your income then you can find freelance works from following websites:
However, make sure the websites you get work from are legit. There are many scams online that try to take advantage of people that are looking to work from home. As you will probably need to provide them with personal information in order to receive payments, so do your research first.
Can You Get a Data Entry Job With No Experience?
Usually A high school diploma or GED equivalent is the minimum educational requirement for data entry jobs. Hopeful data entry operators without experience can enter the field with entry level jobs. Employers hire entry-level operators and then train them on the data software they use. As per ziprecruiter.com, Data entry jobs pay from $8 to $20 per hour. To find Data Entry jobs just go to Indeed.com or ziprecruiter.com
9. Start Pet sitting or walking business
Dog walkers are responsible for providing exercise for their client’s dogs each day. Walks usually run in half-hour or one-hour increments. Dog walkers often are also responsible for checking the dog’s food and water supply to make sure basic needs are met after their exercise. Pet sitting include feeding, putting out fresh water, brushing pets, taking dogs on walks, and cleaning litter boxes. Additional services may include giving medications, vacuuming up pet hair in the house, or collecting the client’s mail or newspaper.
Pet sitters do not need a license to operate, although acquiring a business license is advisable, but not necessary.As a dog walker/pet sitter you may need to have your own means of transport. Unless the dogs you are walking are within easy reach, you will need to be able to travel to your clients and you may wish to travel in order to access pet-friendly parks. The average rate for a group walk for dogs is between$15 and $18 per visit
How to start a dog walking business:
- Consider training and qualifications.
- Get all the right checks.
- Understand the dog walking rules and regulations.
- Think about business insurance.
- Work out how much you’re going to charge.
- Get the right transport.
- Start advertising (Door-to-door, yard-signs, Facebook, Instagram, google)
You can also look for dog walking jobs at online job sites like Indeed.com.
10. Start your own at-home daycare
Operating a child-care business is a great way to earn a living if you enjoy working with children. there are several types of child-care business but a home daycare is the most easiest one to start. A daycare business requires licensing of facilities and people. As a home based childcare provider, you can have a certain amount of kids without a license but after that, you may have to be a licensed provider. The next step might be home-based, state-licensed childcare.Licensed childcare providers need to follow the rules and regulations of the Child Care and Early Years Act. Five paying children at $45 a day would be$1125.00 a week.In most states having diploma should be enough but having a degree in something like early childhood education or psychology/child development could be a bonus.
You must live in the home where you want to do child care. You may have to make some modifications to your home, particularly if you have a pool or hot tub. You and any adult living or working in your home must submit your fingerprints for a criminal record check and a Child Abuse Index check and must have a TB test. You will have to take some preventive health and safety training. The following are the steps you need to take to start a home daycare:
- Assess the need for child care in your community and Identify existing child-care businesses
- Make a budget
- Licensing, inspection, and insurance fees.
- Medical testing and clearance.
- Safety devices (e.g., smoke alarms, fire extinguishers, carbon-monoxide detectors, first-aid kits, child-proofing supplies, etc.).
- Food, toys, and equipment for your planned activities.
- Wages for prospective employees.
- Advertising/legal/professional-service fees
- Contact your local country municipality to obtain necessary licenses
- Prepare your facility for inspection
- A fire-safety inspection.
- A health inspection.
- An environmental health inspection.
- Obtain necessary insurance
- Purchase necessary equipment
- Develop a marketing strategy and advertising
11. Be an Affiliate Marketer
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways people make money online and for some it can be a passive income once established. It is a strategy where an individual partners with a business in order to make a commission by referring readers or visitors to a business’s particular product or service. becoming an affiliate marketer doesn’t really require you to own a blog or website but it does require you to have an online presence.
There are challenges to making money from affiliate marketing, such as: It can take time to generate the amount of traffic needed to result in income. Some companies have been known not to pay, although there are ways to screen and choose quality affiliate programs. These are the basic steps you need to take to start affiliate marketing:
- Choose your niche.
- Research different affiliate programs and products.
- Build an online presence by a blog or Facebook group or
- Produce excellent content.
- Build an audience base
- Promote your affiliate product(s)
There are many affiliate programs and networks to choose and the following list are some of the most well known ones:
- CJ Affiliate
- Rakuten Linkshare
- Amazon.com Associate
- eBay Partner Network
- Jet Partner Network
- LiveChat Partner Program
- Shopify Affiliate Program
- Peerfly Affiliate Network
- web hosting affiliate programs
- Travel booking affiliate programs
- e-courses and online learning affiliate programs
12. Rent out whole or part of your home through Airbnb
Airbnb is an online marketplace that connects people who want to rent out their homes with people who are looking for accommodations in that locale. For hosts, participating in Airbnb is a way to earn some income from their property, but with the risk that the guest might do damage to it.Renting your property is not only one way of making money with Airbnb. You could also tackle additional services and increase the profit from every booking. Airbnb earnings can range drastically, with some hosts making more than $10,000 per month, while others make less than $200. Still, even with the wild discrepancies, nearly 50 percent of all Airbnb hosts make more than $500 per month.
Airbnb Host Protection Insurance provides primary coverage for Airbnb hosts and landlords (when landlords are named in a lawsuit), worldwide. The program protects against liability claims up to $1 million USD. You’d also be covered if a renter accidentally damages your furniture or carpet. The company doesn’t, however, offer liability protection.
To start the Airbnb business you need to go to Airbnb website and open a free account. Some important points to create your profile:
- Write a detailed description of who you are.
- Add a good personal photo.
- Add a video to your Airbnb profile.
- Add verifications to your Airbnb profile.
- Add references to your Airbnb profile
Some tips on how to be a good Airbnb host
- Make it personal. Your personal interaction with guests can make the difference between a so-so stay and a memorable experience.
- Keep it clean. Your Airbnb should be absolutely clean for guests, every time.
- Keep it simple.
- Keep guests informed
- Help guests explore
- Anticipate needs.
- Go beyond basics.
- Little things matter
13. Become a Uber or Lyft driver
If you have a pretty new car then you can make money in your free times with your car. Uber is a convenient, inexpensive and safe taxi service. Riders use their app to request a ride, and an Uber driver arrives to take drivers to their destination. Users of Uber pay for their rides within the app using their smartphone. Uber claims that their drivers take home $25 per hour and Lyft claims that drivers can earn as much as $35 per hour. However, Lyft takes 20 percent of each fare — plus the entire booking fee — while Uber takes 25 percent from each fare.
To be an Uber driver, you must have a valid background check from the police, a newer four-door car, and you pass an interview. This is equivalent to what is required of taxi drivers. Both passengers and drivers are rated after each trip on a scale from 1 to 5.
Minimum requirements to be an Uber driver
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid driver’s licence
- Use an eligible vehicle
There are many other ways to Earn Money From Work at Home which you just need to do a little googling to find out.